Monday, January 26, 2009

Calling All Cooks! And Readers!

We still have 4 pounds of ground beef left. I need recipe ideas. If you have a favorite that you want to share send me an email or leave a comment. We’re always looking for new meal ideas.

On another note…we had a great weekend! It was the first time in weeks we didn’t have something scheduled. Friday night we went to see Gran Torino. It was really good! Saturday we worked out, ran errands, made GF granola (yum!), went to church and then hung out at home. I [finally!] got our black and white family pictures into frames. I haven’t yet moved them back to the basement but at least we’re making progress. I need to order some of my family and a few of my Europe pictures for some other frames. We’re slowly getting around to finishing our decorating and getting things up on the walls. I am still planning on posting a little photo tour of our house. Soon, I promise!

It’ll be a fairly quiet week here which will give us time to gear up for a busy weekend – 2 birthday dinners, book club, going away party, and the Super Bowl. Sounds like a food-filled weekend to me!

And yes, I said book club. Some girlfriends have decided to start a book club since we often read the same books and it’s a good excuse to get together. We’re meeting on Saturday to choose our first book. Any suggestions? I can’t wait as it seems we don’t see each other often enough and I’m always looking for reading suggestions. I’ll keep you posted if we read anything great.

It’s still COLD here. Although, I’ve decided I prefer the frigid temps to snow and slippery roads.

That’s us in a nutshell. I’ll try to add some pictures tonight.

.

3 comments:

nicki said...

hi Daners-

I really LOVE the Jodi Picoult books. They'd be good for a book club because there's lots to talk about. Also, the book "Blue Like Jazz" is really good. It's by Donald Miller.

I haven't been able to read for fun for awhile... and I do not recommend my Conservation Bio book or any other of the textbooks they have me reading. :) -Kimbo

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you have a busy, but fun weekend ahead of you! About the recipes....if you can find GF lasagna noodles, you should try this one: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/
These are the meatballs that I made the last time we were up there: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cocktail-Meatballs/Detail.aspx
I put a lot more brown sugar then it calls for and used rice chex instead of the bread crumbs. Some people use grape jelly instead of the cranberry sauce. I bet that's good too.
Let me know what you decide to make :)

Kelly said...

Make: stuffed peppers

Read: Water for Elephants, Those Who Save Us, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Time Traveler's Wife, A Thousand Splendid Suns