Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Slacker

I'll be the first to admit it...I've been slacking at my blog updates! I don't know where the days go...

Let's see...

We had a productive and relaxing weekend - a good combo!

Friday night Ryan picked me up from the bus and we went to Chipotle for dinner. We decided against going to a movie and headed home. Somewhere between Whale Wars and whatever sports game was on I fell asleep.

Saturday Ryan was up at 6:45 with a stuffy nose and unable to sleep. Being the attentive wife that I am, I gave him some Sudafed and went back to bed. :) Once I got up we went to Inta Juice for a smoothie and then headed to Mall of America. Nordstrom Rack was having their Big Size Shoe Sale - a perfect shopping opportunity for my size 15 footed husband! He was unsuccessful in the shoe department but did leave with some jeans.

Upon arriving home just in time for the Iowa game Ryan settled in on the couch and I attacked the mess in our office. We'd been tossing papers in a "to file" pile on the floor. I got them all organized and into the file cabinet and then cleaned the closet, moved some drawers and the office looks much better.

The next big project was our closet. Somehow it had gotten a little out of hand...neither of us seemed to be folding anything and it was like clothes vomit coming from all the shelves. But we re-folded, sorted and put away. We even got rid of two garbage bags full of clothes. And here's the end result:






Saturday night Ryan had his friend Aaron over to watch sports and I met my good friend Ashley to see Changeling. It was heavy and a bit creepy but really good. She came back to the house for a while after the movie and it was good to catch up.

Sunday was Young Couples class and then the contemporary service. Our church has a new branch and so we actually watched the sermon via video as our pastor was at the other site. We're studying Romans and it's been great! The afternoon included watching the Vikings game (for Ryan) and a nap (for me!). Are you noticing a theme here? Sports and sleeping! :)

Ryan got up on the roof and blew out the gutters while I cooked rice for my lunches this week and made a batch of Rice Chex treats (just like rice crispie treats but using rice chex (gluten free!) instead). We met up with our friends Ben and Katie to see the new James Bond movie. Katie's dad rents out the private room at the back of the theater. It has 20 ultra comfy recliners and there was pizza and cookies. A great way to end the weekend (even if the movie wasn't great).

Last night I tried out the Step-n-Tone class at the community center. It was my first time doing step and I'm sure it was very entertaining for those around me. I was the only first-timer at class and during certain steps I was just so lost I stood there until the next sequence. Oh well...a good workout nonetheless. Maybe next time I'll catch on a little faster.

And here we are at Tuesday night already! Laundry is in, Ryan just got home from the gym and I'm trying to decide on dinner.

Here's to a happy week for all of you!



P.S. Look what we bought on Sunday night...it'll be here before we know it!



P.P.S. Look what came in the mail on Friday - once they are in the frames I'll take some more pictures. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the "clothes vomit" comment :) LOL

Looking forward to seeing the old pictures!