Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Update

It was a low key weekend in MN...

Friday night we went on a little date. We had dinner at Big Bowl (GF Kung Pao Chicken = YUM!) and then we wandered around Pottery Barn and the mall for a bit before calling it an early night.

Ryan worked on Saturday so when he left I rolled over and slept til 9. I had stashed all the essentials close at hand the night before so I spent the morning curled up in bed with my new magazines, a GF almond scone and some tea. I finally ventured out of bed at 11! A perfectly relaxing lazy start to my day! I got dressed and ran a couple errands and then Ryan and I toured the Eden Prairie Community Center. We are thinking of getting a membership and wanted to check the place out - it's really nice! When we got home Ryan cheered the Iowa Hawkeyes to victory and I took a nap (as if I needed more sleep after my lazy morning!). Our evening consisted of grocery shopping and watching Made of Honor. Yup, Ryan was nice enough to watch a chick flick with me. I didn't think it was very good...oh well.

From Ryan: I don't know about anyone else, but I was as giddy as a school girl watching Iowa upset Penn State on Saturday!! I was pacing around my living room during the entire 4th quarter, I couldn't sit down. It is so cool watching home town kid Mitch King on the defensive line dominate the Big 10!! Hopefully we continue this streak and go bowling in January. See everyone at the Iowa/Minnesota game up here, GO HAWKS! Thats all I have, now back to my beautiful wife....

Today we went to church at Faith Baptist because our friend Joel was leading worship. We know a lot of people there and it was fun to see everyone. Plus it was a great message about Revelation 7:1-8. We rushed home from church since we had invited a bunch of friends over to watch the Vikings/Packers game. We had quite a turnout - there were 15 of us! Luckily people were willing to pull up chairs all over as we don't have that much seating. It was a great game and lots of good food. We ordered pizzas, had cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, chips and dip, cookies, and pumpkin pie.

When the crew left we tackled the last portion of our yard that was still covered in leaves. Between Ryan raking, me vacuuming with the blower and then both of us scooping up armfuls, we made fast work of it.

Now we are sitting inside, enjoying hot chocolate and watching football. I'm trying to work up some motivation to decide where to hang some of our art and get it up on the walls.

Oh yeah, back to Saturday...we ordered a bunch of old family pictures to frame and hang up in the basement. We've been collecting a variety of frames and I can't wait to get it finished - pictures to come!



The gang



Another shot


Working away in the yard


I'm great with power tools!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I love all the details. See you in two and a half weeks!

CEBrecht said...

you are too cute! do you hire out to blow leaves with your power tools? our yard needs a lot of help!

Steve & Sarah Darr said...

Wish we could have made it to the football party! My uncle passed away (another one!:() and we had the reviewal Sunday afternoon. Hope to see you soon!