Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cheers to New Food Options!

After my excitement about the crockpot last week I was looking on my friend Emily's blog and discovered a link to A Year of Crockpotting. This woman decided to make a new crockpot recipe every day for a year. I only got through looking at about half of them but they look great and she gives the recipe and then a verdict on whether it's worth making. There are a ton I want to try. I never knew you could bake in a crockpot! There was one for french toast - you start it when you go to bed and you wake up to a hot breakfast. That one is definitely on my list to try. But I haven't even mentioned the best part yet. All the recipes are gluten free! :) She even uses the same bread mixes as I do. Discovering that has been the highlight of my week! Anytime I find a new gluten free website is cause for celebration!

And I also discovered some new lunch options to take to work. I had been taking frozen lunches on the days that we didn't have leftovers. But the gluten free options are limited and/or expensive. While shopping last weekend I was in the frozen veggie aisle and found these.



They have a little olive oil and seasoning and are so good! I just make a big batch of rice and throw the veggies on top. YUM! Lunch has been much less boring this week. We even cooked two packages, sauteed some chicken and had a healthy dinner last night.

Anyone have any other good lunch or crockpot suggestions?!

1 comment:

CEBrecht said...

that's awesome D!!! how fun!