Sunday, May 17, 2009

Anniversary and Marriage Year II, Day 1

We had a fabulous evening last night!

We checked into the hotel at 3 and they upgraded our room to a king suite! We got ready and went to dinner at Manhattan's downtown. It was delicious - we shared a caprese salad and each had a steak. My filet just melted in my mouth...

Phantom of the Opera was good!

We got back to the hotel around 11 and were awoken at 3:30 by the fire alarm. Ryan would have kept sleeping but I didn't want to die in a burning building. I finally convinced him to head to the lobby. Halfway down the hall, the alarm stopped. It took us a while to get back to sleep but we slept til 9 this morning - that's a record for us!


Not a great shot, we didn't have our good camera and the hostess didn't really know what she was doing. Either way, proof of that we clean up ok!


This is the sewing project I've been working on - custom burp cloths! I bought a bunch of cute flannel and attach it down the center of a cloth diaper. I can post the pictures now since our friends Marshall and Sarah received theirs in the mail. Their new baby, Norah, is pretty perfect - wish they lived closer so we could meet her.


I found this picture when I loaded the ones from last night. It's my gluten-free cake from my birthday in San Francisco - yum!

Today, the first day of Marriage, Year II, has been filled with gutter cleaning, Twins watching and reading on the deck! My arms and face got lots of color! YAY! It must be almost summer!

We're off to grocery shop and then dinner and walking with friends.

.

4 comments:

SLK said...

the burp clothes are AMAZING!!! thank you!

glad the two of you had a great night!

Kelly said...

Cute project, D!

Stephanie said...

Cute burp clothes!!! I'm impressed.

Heather said...

Congrats on year one! And I dig the project - very cool!