Sunday, May 3, 2009

No More Lake Bohlen

It's been a productive and fun weekend here!

Friday night we went to the Twins game. There were 6 of us (me and the guys). It was our first live game of the season - it was great!

Saturday Ryan worked and I cleaned the house and then worked on a fun crafty sewing project. I may post pictures later (its a gift for someone who reads this!)

Early Saturday afternoon the [small] crew came to work on our backyard. They worked for a few hours yesterday and came back to finish today. The yard has been re-graded to slope away from the house. We've got a swale leading around to the side where things can drain off into the street. We also had them remove a ton of rock that was along our driveway and sod everything. It looks great! Plus, we got to use the leftover sod and it was the perfect amount to cover our "garden". Now we just need a few bushes to plant at the edge of the garden for some privacy.


The pictures aren't that exciting (if you want exciting, scroll down to look at San Francisco if you haven't already)...but we think it looks great and are glad to have it done! We're especially glad it doesn't look like this anymore. Our next project is cleaning up the front yard.


The first stage



During


The area that used to be all rocks along the driveway


All done!


Behind the garage (it's hard to see the new swale in the pictures - it's nice and gradual)


The newly sodded garden. We have a lot more square footage of lawn to mow with the garden sodded and the replacement of the rocks along the side of the house.

----------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I baked some yummy GF bread today! I used a different mix than usual and I liked it even more. (Dad, its Whole Foods own brand - 365 Sandwich Bread Mix). I snacked on buttered bread all afternoon and had a turkey, guac, cheese and mayo sandwich for dinner - YUM!



.

3 comments:

Val and Steve said...

Wow! What a difference your yard looks! I am really impressed! I do feel like I've missed out on seeing Lake Bohlen, though! But for your sakes, I'm glad this project is completed!
Mom

Stephanie said...

I bet it's nice to have that done! Looks like they did a good job.

Kelly said...

The yard looks great and the bread looks yummy! (I had a turkey, avacado, cheese sandwich yesterday too :) )