Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pictures...

All of my updates seem to be picture related...

We got a gift certificate for a Photofiddle painting from my sister Kelly for our wedding. We finally chose what we wanted and it arrived a couple weeks ago. It's a painting of one of our favorite engagement pictures (as always, click to enlarge).



And here's an updated shot of all the family photos. It's not complete; I think we may hang them up since it's a little crowded on the ledge. And I'm still trying to gather pictures of both my sides of my family.



We got these two frames at HomeGoods a couple weeks ago. We didn't like what was in them so we printed some pictures I took in Rome. We're undecided on where to hang them.



And we finally printed a few wedding pictures. I think they'll go in the hallway to our bedroom.



Our "est. 2008" frame has been sitting out housing a picture of a random couple. We finally remedied that today and added one of us.



-----------------------------

We had a great Valentine's Day! We slept in, ran errands, went to a new gluten-free bakery, checked out Honda Ridgelines and then had a delicious dinner at PF Changs and saw He's Just Not That Into You. A perfect date with my valentine!

Besides all of our picture work today we also organized the extra bedroom downstairs. We moved a shelf/cabinet in and cleared out some extra stuff. I've now got a big desk set up with my sewing machine and the cabinet is full of all my fabric and craft/sewing supplies. Ryan even hooked up the tv and dvd player so I can watch movies while I sew. I'm hoping that having my sewing machine out and ready will motivate me to sew a bit more.

And more news...we have a new "sister". Ryan's parents got a new dog yesterday. You can see her here.

On the travel front, I'm heading to Tomah in a couple weeks to meet my cousin; it's the halfway point between us. We'll stay in a hotel and read, relax and catch up. Speaking of, I need to book that hotel! I can't wait! While I'm gone Ryan may head to Ames to see his family. His parents will be there so he'd get to see everyone.

I think that's it from here.

.

3 comments:

SLK said...

i love the old pictures you have of your family! how was the movie? i haven't decided if i want to see it or not!

Stephanie said...

I love the painting! Can't wait to see it in person. Sounds like you had a fun Valentine's Day. Ryan, you should definitely come to Ames in a few weeks!!!

CEBrecht said...

I miss Blog updates!!!! How are D and RyRy??