Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An All-Encompassing Update

So, it's been too long. I'm back with pictures and updates.

Not this past weekend but the weekend before was really busy for us. Friday night was a birthday dinner and bowling for our friend Ben. Saturday morning was my ladies bookclub. As I mentioned before we're reading Water for Elephants. (I'm not very far but I like it. Sadly, I'll miss the next meeting). That afternoon we ran errands, went to church and then headed to Buca for our friend Alex's birthday dinner. After dinner we drove up to Ryan's old house for a going away party. Sunday was hanging out, errands and the Super Bowl. Our friends Laura and Bret hosted and there was great food and great company. And, believe it or not, we didn't take a single picture all weekend!

Last week was busy too. We had friends over for dinner on Tuesday, I had dinner with girlfriends Wednesday, Pilates on Thursday and then it was the weekend again!

Lately, we have no idea where the weeks are going. They are flying by!

This past weekend we went to a concert on Friday night. We saw Jeremy Camp and Bebo Norman - both are Christian artists. There were 8 of us who went and then came back to our house for dessert.


Part of the concert crew - Katie, Ben, Dana, Sarah, Steve


Jeremy Camp (we were in the second to last row but still had great seats!)


Jeremy Camp


Bebo Norman

The rest of the weekend was low key - shopping, errands, church, dinner with friends, baking (the most amazing muffins!) and a few little projects around the house. We put up some great shelves in the laundry room and bought the biggest shelving unit I've ever seen for the garage. We may wait for warmer weather to put it together.

Here's the latest addition to our room. We don't have a headboard and have been looking for something to hang above our bed. This is what we came up with...






Continuing on with other random tidbits:

- We booked our flights to San Francisco. We'd love to hear what are the "must-sees"!

- I made granola a couple weeks ago - it was totally delicious! Perfect with plain yogurt for breakfast.



- I'm making progress on the family picture wall. All the pictures we have are framed and resting along the ledge in the basement. I still have to print some big (11x14) pictures for the large frames and get some of my family to mix in. Hopefully I'll have shots of the finished product soon.



.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like the make shift head board! Very creative. Thanks for the update.

Sarah said...

That granola looks amazing! Does it taste as good as it looks?