Saturday, December 13, 2008

We're Baaaaaaack!

We're still alive. I'm sure you were all wondering.

Here's the highlights from the last two weeks in no particular order:

- Ryan went to Kansas City for 5 days. He went to work in a branch of his company down there. The house was lonely without him but not nearly as scary as I expected. He also got to sneak in a quick visit to his sister's on the way down - Brenna was walking even better than when they were here.

- I was sick while he was gone - sore throat, lost my voice and am now stuffy and coughing. Stocked up on cough syrup and sudafed.

- Went to Ryan's 2nd cousin's birthday party. We got to see and catch up with lots of people that we don't get to see very often. It was tons of fun!

- Dinner and hanging out with friends - low key and fun!

- I made a big pan of Rice Chex Treats. And ate the whole thing (don't worry - not in one sitting!)

- Finished our Christmas shopping - yay! The majority was done before Thanksgiving and we sent the gifts home with my parents. We just have a few stragglers to take with us on the plane.

- That reminds me - we bought plane tickets to Arkansas! We had been planning on driving but found such a great deal on flights we couldn't resist. I'll admit I'm relieved! No worrying about road conditions in Iowa!

- We babysat for our friends' 9 month old last night - a good baby fix!

- We've been getting Christmas cards every day - so fun to get "real" mail!

- And the most exciting news...we bought ourselves a Christmas present! Normally, we don't exchange gifts but splurged this year on a Nikon D40 Digital SLR camera. Super, very, totally, completely fun and exciting! We are going to take some classes when we get back in January and can't wait to learn how to use all the features of our fun new toy. We're taking it with us to Christmas in Arkansas and I can guarantee we'll have plenty of pictures to share. Baby Quinton will be the perfect subject!

I'm sure we've been up to other things but those are the things that stand out.

We leave on Friday and can't wait!

.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey Dana!! I've been thinking about you lately. Want to grab coffee or dinner sometime? It's been a very interesting couple weeks since I saw you last. Anyway give me a call or shoot me an email if you want to hang out! My personal email is sarahkdarr@usa.com.