Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

It was a successful Thanksgiving at the Bohlen house!

The Bohlens all arrived on Wednesday night and we had chili and hung out. Thursday morning Steve (Ryan's dad) made his specialty of french toast and sausage. He even made some using my gluten free bread - a rare treat!

Ryan, Stephanie, Jared and Val (his mom) went for a walk while Steve and I watched the turkey and waited for Brenna to wake up.



My parents and sister Kelly arrived around 1 and we all caught up.

The food was done at 4 and we all sat down for a delicious meal - turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, gluten free stuffing, corn, jello, bread. YUM! After dinner we had pie - gluten free pumpkin and gluten free apple. The apple won out and we're left with lots of pumpkin.





We only had one minor mishap while cooking: Ryan and I were buttering the turkey and when he went to push it back in he pushed the roasting pan and not the oven rack. The turkey and pan dumped off the back of the oven rack. Out of instinct, Ryan reached in to save the turkey and ended up burning his arm. The turkey came out of the whole ordeal unharmed and delicious!



I ended up going to bed at 8:15 that night - I was exhausted after all the cooking and prepping!

-------------------

Friday Ryan and I both worked. I had a very rough day! ;) It started out with a team breakfast and then I unpacked and settled into my new cube. I left around 12:15 to meet my parents at Caribou. Ryan was done at 12:45 and came back for lunch with his family.

Ryan's family had spent the morning at various thrift stores and we then spent the afternoon at Mall of America checking out Nordstrom Rack and DSW.

Friday night was leftovers and poker - a happy crew all around!

-------------------

Saturday Ryan and I lucked out and got to bring Brenna into bed with us for 45 minutes before everyone else got up. She's tons of fun and doings lots of new things everyday! She knows a few words in sign language - most often she signs "please". It's so darn cute you can't not give her what she wants! :)



We took some Bohlen family pictures that morning and then Ryan's family left around 1:30. We cleaned a bit and then napped before a dinner with my parents and sister Kelly. We went to Axels for steak - yum!



-------------------

Sunday my sister Kelly came over to spend some time before heading back to Madison. When she left at noon we ran some errands and then hung out at home. We saw my parents for a bit and then I spent the evening writing Christmas cards while Ryan cheered on the Vikings.

-------------------

Ok, I think you're up-to-date on Bohlen life. A very good, family-fun, yummy food filled weekend!

-------------------

We're thankful for all of you and feel very blessed to have all of you in our life!


Brenna loves her Uncle Ryan!


Something was pretty funny...


Dad and Kel


The cook and Baby B

.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great post! Thanks for the lovely weekend.