Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Favorite Breakfast

Another food post...what can I say, I'm an eater!

I started buying Chobani yogurt about a month or so ago. It's more than twice the price of my old yogurt but by far the best yogurt ever! It took a little getting used to - it's a bit like eating a bowl of sour cream with fruit in it - super rich and thick! A lot less sweet than Yoplait or some of the others. It's got a lot of protein - more than twice a regular yogurt.

My all-time favorite is the pineapple. Also love the peach and plain. My breakfast every day for the last few weeks has been a Chobani, cut up strawberries or nectarine, a little shredded coconut and a handful of sliced almonds. YUM! My mouth is watering just thinking of it.

Today, for a little more sweetness in my plain yogurt bowl I tossed in a sprinkling of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Nothing like dessert for breakfast.

Last week, as a change of pace and to use up my farmer's market bounty it was vanilla yogurt (way too rich to eat alone - it's like frosting in a bowl), blueberries and gluten free graham crackers. (The crackers are another newish discovery!)



.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Dana...I love this stuff too!

Best part, they sell it in packs of 12 at Costco...it's so yummy:)

I posted about it here:
http://blissbounty.blogspot.com/search?q=chobani