Sunday, October 5, 2008

"Will You Marry Me!?"

Saturday, July 14th, 2007 – our 2 year anniversary of dating…

We were headed to Cedar Falls, IA for one of my close friend’s weddings. Ryan was going to pick me up at 8 for a breakfast at Perkins before we got on the road. He showed up with a dozen roses which I just figured were for our anniversary. I spent time cutting the flowers and arranging them in a vase and then I had to finish packing (making us late as usual!)

When we finally got to Perkins, he parked in the fire lane and told me to wait in the car. This was the point where I started to get suspicious that something was going on. :) He had been inside for about 10 minutes when he came running out. He told me that he had pre-ordered our breakfast but because we’d been late (yes, yes…my fault!) they’d thrown it away. So, they remade our French toast (my favorite!) and we got on the road.

Ryan had me close my eyes, although I had an idea where he was taking me. He drove around a bit trying to confuse me. Eventually we pulled up to the private beach in the neighborhood I’d grown up in.

We took our breakfast down for a picnic on the beach. When we finished eating Ryan threw away our trash and started to head back to the car. At that point I thought “ok, maybe this WAS all just for our anniversary”. Just as I decided he didn’t have anything up his sleeve he stopped me and said “what could make an anniversary better than a mushy card?” (anyone who knows me knows that I love mushy cards!) So, I pull out the card…





When I turned around he was down on one knee and he asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. I was crying so hard I could barely get out a “yes!”

We spent our drive to Iowa calling our families.

A perfect proposal to begin a new stage in our life together!



YESSSSSSSSSS!
Newly engaged with the newly married Mr. and Mrs. Marshall and Sarah Kole!

2 comments:

limpingalong said...

A really sweet story -- Congratulations!

nicki said...

Daners!

What a great story! And I love the picture of you two dancing at your wedding. Hope all is well :) -Kimbo