Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our week...in a nutshell

Monday night we had dinner with some friends, Steve and Sarah. Ryan and Steve have played softball together for 5 or 6 years. And I've gotten to know Sarah as we sit in the bleachers and cheer on the boys. We haven't spent much time with them away from the softball field until this year. It's been so great to get to know them!

We met at their house after work so we could see their house and new fence. We've been hearing about the fence all summer and it was worth the wait - it's one fancy fence! And a gorgeous, homey house! (seeing it has inspired me to finish decorating ours and adding the finishing touches) After the grand tour we headed to Chianti Grill near their house. http://www.chiantigrill.com/ The restaurant has an extensive gluten free menu - it even had multiple pasta options! Ryan had chicken parmesean and I had spicy chicken penne. Amazing reviews from both of us! Thanks for introducing us to a new favorite, S&S!

Tuesday night was pretty low key. I met with Brenda, my next door neighbor from growing up. She and I walked about 4 miles and got all caught up. We were a bit chilly starting off but were toasty once we got going. The fall leaves were so brilliant - wish I'd had my camera!

Tonight was errands - Costco and Target. Success at both places! We're now stocked up on giant hotdogs (just in time for your visit, Meg!), craisins and cheese. And we found some good deals at Target - a lamp for the guest room, a garment bag (for $10 down from $80!), and a cute sweater for me! (in addition to all the usual groceries)

My pilates class (http://www.theintelligentbody.com/) is cancelled for tomorrow night so we'll be packing for our visit to AMES on Friday! Our niece, Brenna, turns one tomorrow and we're going down to celebrate. It's hard to believe it's been a year, yet at the same time it feels like she's been around forever. We can't wait to get there and see all the new things she's doing. And to see her first tooth! Ryan's parents and grandma will be there as well - plenty of pictures to come.

I'm off to wrap Brenna's birthday present and finish my book!

Unless something big and exciting happens between now and then, I'll write after the birthday weekend! Prepare yourselves for CUTE pictures!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Wahoo, we finally made it on the ever-so famous Bohlen Blog! Nice work on the blog, it's a good two minute break from work, see ya

Steve & Sarah Darr said...

I feel so honored to made the Bohlen blog! We had so much fun with you guys too. Hopefully we'll see you at the Schiestl's on Sunday. I can't wait to hear more about your trip to IA.