Monday, January 17, 2011

Mobile Memories

A random smattering of shots I've been snapping on my phone:


Our Christmas tree. Though we weren't home to celebrate, I insisted we put one up to set the mood for the season. I really pushed the limit and put it up a week before Thanksgiving.


Pretty sunrise. It's hard to be too upset about being up early to head to work when this is the view on the way.


This Friday our plans fell through and Ryan headed off to poker night with the guys. All day long I'd been looking forward to having the house to myself - some sweet potato fries, a movie, a little blogging, finishing my book for bookclub. Sounds ideal, right? After an hour bus ride (more snow!) and braving the roads to get home, NO POWER! Thankful for the flashlight app on my phone, I got inside and lit some candles. After finishing my book by candlelight I was bored and decided to brave the snow once again for some dinner. Most of the traffic lights were out along the way but Target has a generator - hooray! A popcorn and cherry coke and LIGHTS made me a happier girl. I cruised every clearance rack, scored some good finds and 2 hours later, got home to power. Just in time to go to bed :)


A typical evening at our house - sweats, slippers, computer, couch, cuddling.


Early in December we met up with some friends for live music. An aquaintance was playing and we enjoyed him but we've also since gotten hooked on his opening act. Dan Rodriguez - check him out here. Love him!


We made quite a few trips to/from Iowa this fall. Snow made for a slow trip but it sure was pretty!


Too pretty not to take a picture.


On a beautiful night in late summer we had a farewell party for some friends at Pracna in NE Mpls. Sidewalk tables, shot size ice cream sundaes, yummy cherry soda, local beer. Plus, it's where Ryan and I met for the very first time! We'll both tell different versions of the story but can agree that it was at Pracna on Ryan's 24th birthday.


The view from Pracna looking towards downtown.


A snohawk.


The first snow of the year. I really should take a picture of our deck now - it's almost waist high.


Do any of you remember Wikki Sticks? Wax covered string that you can mold and shape and play with. At a restaurant in Ames they give them to the kids instead of crayons. Ryan and Brenna took turns modeling the mustache!





Another sky shot.


The first big snow of the year was so wet and heavy that it took down a ton a limbs in our yard. We spent a couple hours wielding rakes and shovels, whacking the branches trying to save the rest of the limbs and our lilac bushes.


One word - YUM! Someone at work gave these to me after seeing them at the grocery store. I'd never heard of this brand but I'm now a big fan!


During our fall roadtrip to Red Wing (which I have 100 pictures of and never posted about...ugggg!)


Sighted on a drive home from Iowa.


Cool clouds!


A Sunday afternoon spent watching Harry Potter - texted to my sister Kelly as I knew she'd appreciate it!


More sky.


My car turned 39,000 miles over the summer (and has since turned 40,000 without such exciting documentation)


Ryan and I won a beanbag championship at a summer BBQ and got a WWF-esque belt.


As Ryan was at worship team pracice this morning I spent time blogging at 'Bou!

.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Love all these posts, Dana! Thanks!