Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Golden Birthday!

It's Ryan's golden birthday today! And we met five years ago today! We have lots to celebrate!

In no particular order, here's 29 reasons why I love him:

1. He’s incredibly funny.

2. He empties the dishwasher because I hate doing it!

3. He plays guitar and sings on the worship team at church (and looks darn good while he plays!)

4. He’s got great legs!

5. He still likes me even when I’m grumpy.

6. He tries to fix all my problems (even if I don’t always appreciate it at the time, I know it’s his way of taking care of me)

7. He is a do-er – constantly getting projects done around the house.

8. He secretly likes country music (or at least tolerates it when I choose the radio station!)

9. He’s a fabulous uncle (which gives me a glimpse into the amazing dad he’ll be someday)

10. He warms up my side of the bed for me in the winter.

11. He inspires me and challenges me in my faith.

12. He’s the best deal hunter I know – researching, bargaining, and finagling his way to save us money!

13. He surprises me because he knows that’s important to me.

14. He’s got dazzling blue eyes.

15. He adores his family (and mine too!). What other man do you know that regularly calls his parents, sister, grandma and niece just to chat?!

16. He makes me feel special – who else do you think could make “bucksnort” sound like a term of endearment?!

17. He doesn’t take things too seriously.

18. He has made the last five years of my life amazing, just by being in it!

19. He puts my happiness above his own.

20. He helps me clean the house (even though he hates doing it!)

21. He’s endlessly goofy!

22. He makes a mean batch of french toast, tacos, and jambalaya. And he grills a delicious pork tenderloin.

23. He kisses the tip of my nose.

24. He’s an excellent dancer.

25. He happily holds my hand.

26. He makes the phone calls I hate making (Comcast, AT&T, etc…)

27. His neck always smells amazing!

28. I can be myself around him (and he only laughs at me occasionally!)

29. He’s mine! And I couldn’t be luckier!

Happy Birthday, Ryan, love of my life!

.

1 comment:

CEBrecht said...

wow that is so sweet it almost brought tears to my eyes! Hope he had a wonderful birthday!!!!
(and the blog update worked from your I phone - lucky girl :) )